Check out directly from here. Fast. Secure. Simple.

 
 
 
 
 

KatrinaRobb's ArtFire Shop

-->

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fabric Fabric Everywhere!

Where did January go?   I think it disappeared into a sea of fabric shopping.   Fabric and my obsession with buying yards of it everywhere I go started my journey down the road to sewing for a business.   I may have leaped past that line between the joy of shopping and the perils of perfectionism.

The shopping season began with a trip to Sunshine Sewing in Margate, Florida.    My little sister accompanied me, and I so exhausted her that we had to stop for some divine New York pizza on the drive back to my parent's house.  What began as a jolly prance around a huge store holding bolts of Kaffe Fassett fabric, turned into a nightmare of attempting to find the required three coordinating prints I need for a purse or an apron.   I have no idea how we ever got out of that store, but we managed to find our way back to a blender of margaritas (thanks to my husband's mixing magi). 

When I returned to Wisconsin, the real shopping began.  Hours of online searches!  Thank you Fabric.com, Sew Lux, Lucky Kaeru Fabric, Skye Reve Fabrics, Rebecca's Fabric,  Creative Merchandise, and a few others cut and shipped my crazy orders.   And I can't forget Hobby Lobby, because I just adore the BrotherSister Design Studio!  Oh!  And then there was the find of the century at local quilt shop.  Unicorn fabric!!!!   Pictures to come!

I have yet to inventory everything I have bought.  Stay tuned for my yardage grand total.

No comments:

Post a Comment